MHK Housing: Your place to find a place

As leases begin to expire, MHK Housing connects helps students find their college homes in the Little Apple
Riley Scott

Searching for the perfect college home? Look no further than MHK Housing, where students can easily navigate through a curated selection of local Manhattan rental listings.

The user-friendly website, designed by Kansas State students in association with Collegian Media Group, allows student renters to tailor their housing search based on criteria such as price range, proximity to campus, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and preferred housing type.

With the influx of available rentals, now is the opportunity to explore the extensive list of options offered through MHK Housing. 

Tyler Burns, senior in accounting, used MHK Housing to search for his next home and said it was a good place to explore various rental options in the area. 

“It has a mix of houses and apartments, which is more convenient than some of the other online resources available,” Burns said. “For me, it was a good starting point in my search for a place to live next year.”

Daren Lee Lewis, creator of MHK Housing, has a background in working with property managers and saw an opportunity to help K-State students find reliable off-campus housing.

“MHKHousing.com was established for the students and ran by the students to provide a localized resource for the K-State community,” Lewis said.

Although MHK Housing is primarily focused on off-campus options for students, there is no requirement to be a student in order to use the website.

“Incoming military families and the Manhattan community at large are all welcome to use the site,” Lewis said.

MHK Housing goes beyond a place for house hunting — it is a way to foster community and support local businesses.

Local property owners can upload their rentals to the website to promote the visibility of housing opportunities in the city.

MHK Housing provides a Manhattan guide tab showcasing local Manhattan businesses and offering insights and spotlights about the community.

Students seeking not only a house to live in but a home in Manhattan can visit MHKHousing.com to start their searches.