The independent student news publication at Kansas State University

Kansas State Collegian

Kansas State Collegian

Kansas State Collegian

Vulgamore and O’Malley win SGA election

Over 3,100 votes were cast in the race for student body president and vice president
140 Views
Cole Deutschendorf tells the full story over on Channel 8 News.

Editor’s note: Parker Vulgamore’s last name was misspelled in the print edition. It has been corrected on the online version.

Paige Vulgamore was named Kansas State’s 77th student body president, alongside Vice President Jack O’Malley, after voting concluded Wednesday. With 3,100 votes cast, the two surpassed opposing candidates Sean Hoffmans and Bently Taulbert.

Paige Vulgamore is not the first in her family to hold the office. Parker Vulgamore, her older brother, was student body president in the 2022-23 school year. 

“It was nice to have Parker as a mentor through this, and Jeff [Ebeck] and Caleb [Stout] and other past student body presidents, but also just mentors I have here at K-State,” Paige Vulgamore, junior in agricultural economics, said. “They’ve all been super supportive through this, just given me advice on how to navigate the waters of talking to people, how to campaign a little bit. It’s been very helpful and comforting for sure.”

Brady Kappelmann, one of three campaign managers, talked about the relationships he formed during the campaign. 

“We’ve been able to meet so many different students, connecting with people from all parts of campus, so I couldn’t be more thankful to be a part of it,” Kappelmann, junior in marketing, said.

Bailey Ballard, a member of Paige Vulgamore and O’Malley’s team, recounted her efforts campaigning on campus. 

“Reaching out to my College of Business friends, I was a woman in business, reaching out to those ladies as well, just spreading the word anywhere that I can and saying all the good things that we all love and know to be true about Jack and Paige,” Ballard, junior in business management, said.

With over 3,100 votes case, over 68% went to Paige Vulgamore and Jack O’Malley. Over 28% went to Sean Hoffmans and Bently Taulbert and about 3% were write-in. (Riley Scott)

Full unofficial results for the 2024-25 election are available on K-State’s website.