According to Abbigail: My top 5 podcasts

What I think is worth listening to as a college student

Podcasts are often my go-to listening medium, whether while walking to class or doing chores around my apartment. If you want to get hooked on the audio world, here are my five favorite podcasts for college students.

“Anything Goes” With Emma Chamberlain

A popular YouTuber for years, Chamberlain graces our screens with witty banter, travel anecdotes and mental health advocacy. In 2020 she took to the mic, and her title rings true — anything goes in this podcast. “Anything Goes” is an excellent choice for a podcast that will make you feel like you’re on a phone call with a friend.

“Unlocking Us” with Brené Brown

Brown is a well-known, bestselling author for her vulnerability and empathy research. Her podcast covers these topics and more, looking into what makes us human and how to celebrate and harness our struggles. While the podcast retired in 2023, the series has a backlog of 103 timeless episodes teaching to lead by implementing empathy into our daily lives. With guests like Oprah, Viola Davis and Glennon Doyle, this star-studded podcast will leave you feeling educated, empowered and at ease. 

“Gals on the Go” with Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan

This podcast is one I simply adore. Miccio and Carolan are longtime friends turned co-hosts, and their dynamic creates an uplifting and inspirational listen. Their talks cover everything under the sun, from lifestyle and beauty to personal growth and career tips, giving listeners a relatable way to gain perspective. Whether it’s practical tips or amusing anecdotes, the podcast radiates infectious positive energy. If you’re looking for a shared laugh, advice and a feel-good show, “Gals on the Go” will provide just that.

“Ted Talks Daily” with Elise Hu

Ted Talks Daily is a short and sweet way to infuse some extra information into your day. Most episodes are under 20 minutes, making them a great quick listen. Hu curates and presents talks from all around the world, ranging in topics on psychology, culture, science and more. It’s information that is easy, simple and easily digestible. Hu’s hosting style brings all the different information together seamlessly, creating an engaging listen. 

“The Psychology of Your 20s” with Jemma Sbeg

Your 20s can be a transformative but challenging stage of life to navigate. Sbeg seeks to make listeners feel less alone in their experiences, backed up by psychological research. Sbeg’s empathetic and knowledgeable approach makes the podcast an easy and comforting listen, prompting self-exploration and personal growth.