Baseball bounces back against Missouri State, winning 8-4 

Kaelen Culpepper shines, racking up 4 RBI, 1 triple and 1 home run
Alexis Forgy
Shortstop Kaelen Culpepper swings against Missouri State on March 17 in Manhattan. The Wildcats beat the Bears 11-3 on March 17 and won at Missouri State 8-4 on April 3.

Between the first and fourth innings, second baseman Brady Day miraculously scored three runs, twice off the bat of shortstop Kaelen Culpepper. A run each from center fielder Brendan Jones and catcher added fuel to the fire, helping K-State go up 5-0. 

In the bottom of the fourth, Missouri State’s game began to flow. Bears catcher Dylan Leach scored a run in the bottom of the fourth and sixth inning. The bottom of the sixth would prove crucial for the Bears, adding two more runs to put the score at 5-4.

Culpepper hit the first homer, and his fourth RBI, of the game in the top of the seventh, giving K-State even more of an edge. Third baseman Danniel Rivera earned a run off a Missouri State catcher mistake.

K-State infielder Jason Parsons was the last player to get points on the board as he also scored in the top of the seventh after playing both first and third base during the game. Missouri State wasn’t finding a way to recreate its successful bottom sixth inning and K-State took the win 8-4.

Starting pitcher Blake Dean earned the win after pitching the first two innings and allowing just one hit. Eight total pitchers took the mound for the Wildcats Wednesday night as star closer Tyson Neighbors struck out three batters in the ninth.

The Wildcats now look toward another three-game series, this time against UCF in Florida. The first game starts 5 p.m. Friday.