K-State men’s basketball makes NIT

Wildcats to face Iowa in Iowa City
Haylee Haslett
The men’s basketball team gathers in a huddle against Iowa State on March 9 as the Wildcats defeated the Cyclones 65-58 at Bramlage Coliseum. The Wildcats keep postseason play alive in the NIT, starting against No. 3 seed Iowa.

After missing the NCAA tournament, Kansas State men’s basketball earned a spot in the 32-team NIT bracket.

The Wildcats made the bottom right part of the bracket and will face No. 3 seed Iowa. All seeded teams — 16 total — host games at home. K-State made the tournament unranked.

Guard Tylor Perry, K-State’s leading scorer, came from North Texas after winning the 2023 NIT bracket, winning 2023 NIT Most Outstanding Player and 2023 NIT All-Tournament Team.

Guard Tylor Perry yells with excitement against Iowa State in his final regular season game. Perry had five assists, six points and three rebounds in the 65-58 upset. (Haylee Haslett)

K-State finished the season with a 19-14 record and a 8-10 regular season conference record. The Wildcats struggled throughout the season, winning many close games against lower quality teams and losing seven games in an eight-game stretch during conference play.

The Wildcats also had high moments, winning five Quad 1 wins, four coming against AP top 25 teams.