Seventeen songs for spring

The semester is getting shorter, but that doesn’t mean your playlist should!
Illustration by Riley Scott

Spring is upon us, and these songs are perfect to listen to when you can finally drive around with the windows down. Whether you are walking to class, enjoying the weather or laying in bed, these songs are sure to bring that warm spring vibe we all need. 

“Young Folks” by Peter Bjorn and John

Springtime is the time for new beginnings, and none are better than the beginning of “Gossip Girl.” If you want to feel like Serena Vanderwoodsen walking through Grand Central Station, listen to “Young Folks” on your next walk to class.

“the 1” by Taylor Swift

This is the Taylor Swift song that most reminds me of springtime. During The Eras Tour, the “folklore” set was a spring and summertime dream, with whimsical springtime dresses and songs like “the 1” that are perfect for this season.

“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles

Yes, this song is a bit of a basic pick, but you can’t deny it’s perfect for the transition from cold to warmer weather. Hopefully a smile returns to your face and everything feels “all right” after listening to this classic. 

“Treasure” by Bruno Mars 

Everyone is a huge Bruno Mars fan, whether they know it or not. He has so many bangers, and “Treasure” is one of the best. So, update your playlist with some Bruno Mars this spring.

“Lost” by Frank Ocean

“Lost, lost in the heat of it all,” the weather is getting warmer and soon it’ll be so hot that you will reminisce on the cold weather that makes you want to stay home from class. Hopefully this song finds you in good spirits and good warm weather that gets you up and going to your 8 a.m. class.

“The Louvre” by Lorde

Lorde’s music makes me appreciate the people in my life so much, and this song makes me so happy. I love to listen to it when it’s warm out, and I can drive around with the windows down with my friends. 

“Prom” by SZA

SZA is for all year round, but “Prom” is a perfect song for springtime with its upbeat vibe, which is also perfect for walking to class.​​ This song is such a good motivator and will definitely help you through these last few weeks of class. 

“Introducing Me” by Nick Jonas

This season is the time to tell that special someone how you feel, and the song “Introducing Me” is the perfect song for inspiration. Spring is also the perfect time to rewatch “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” to get you ready for summer. 

“Chemtrails Over the Country Club” by Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey’s music always hits differently during the warmer months. “Chemtrails Over the Country Club” is the perfect song for this spring and will transition you into the Lana Del Rey summer that everyone needs. 

“Would That I” by Hozier

This pick is the essence of springtime. I imagine walking through a garden while listening to this song. Also, Hozier performs this song live on his tour this spring.

“Saturday Sun” by Vance Joy

“Saturday Sun” is such a cute song and is so fun to listen to when the sun starts coming out. I love to listen to this song in the car with my friends when we do cute things like going to the farmers market or getting boba, which are fun things you need to be doing this spring. 

“Bennie and the Jets” by Elton John

This song is so good and should be listened to all year round, but please add it to your playlist this spring if it’s not already on it. Songs like “Bennie and the Jets” and “I’m Still Standing” by John are so powerful and will make you feel so happy and motivated.

“Castle on the Hill” by Ed Sheeran

People need to start taking Ed Sheeran seriously. I went to his concert last summer, and hearing this song was one of the best experiences ever. I thoroughly recommend listening to more Sheeran this spring and attending one of his concerts. 

“High Horse” by Kacey Musgraves

Since I go to an ag school, I have to include a country song. Kacey Musgraves has some of the best country music and “High Horse” is one of her best songs. The song provides a perfect vibe for a nice springtime walk.

“Best Friend” by Rex Orange County

This song is so spring! The flowers bloom, summer break is just a month away and life is good. That is exactly how this song makes me feel. 

“The Way I Loved You (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift

For the springtime showers, this is the perfect song to listen to in the rain and will make you want to scream the lyrics. Hopefully this song will motivate you to attend class even when it rains. 

“There She Goes” by The La’s

“There She Goes” is the perfect song to drive in the car with when it’s a nice warm day out. It will make you feel like you are in “The Parent Trap” scene where Hallie rides through London for the first time. It’s great for rolling the windows down and appreciating the world around you.