Wildcats finishes series against UCF with loss after Saturday win

K-State falls 6-1 Sunday to lose UCF series 2-1
Haylee Haslett
Left fielder Chuck Ingram swings at the ball against South Dakota State. Ingram had the sole home run against the Jackrabbits in the 16-5 Wildcat blowout victory.

Although Kansas State baseball managed to get the best of No. 25 UCF in a low-scoring affair Saturday, the Knights were quick to even the playing field by picking up a victory to put the series to rest. The Wildcats went 1-2 in the three games against UCF.

The Knights got to work early. Third baseman Andrew Brait and right fielder Jack Zyska both scored unearned runs in the bottom of the second.

The game looked competitive as Kansas State responded with a run of its own in the top of the third inning from designated hitter Jayden Lobliner off a fielder’s choice RBI from left fielder Chuck Ingram.

Things stayed quiet in the game as the fourth inning had neither team add to the runs department. The silence ended soon as the Knights scored three runs in the bottom of the fifth and helped catapult UCF to a 4-1 lead. 

The Knights found success in the bottom of the sixth as well, scoring another run. Catcher Dylan King brought himself back to home plate off a hit from shortstop Mikey Kluska. 

K-State looks to get back in the win column, returning home to face Wichita State at 6 p.m. Wednesday.