Walk with the Wildcats: A virtual reality tour of Tointon Family Stadium

For the best watch experience, we recommend a VR headset.

Welcome to Tointon Family Stadium, where the Kansas State Wildcats baseball team calls home.

The stadium first opened for baseball in 1961 and originally honored Frank Myers, K-State’s baseball head coach who retired a year after the stadium’s completion. It would be another 24 years until the team could play night games after lights were installed in 1985.

On its 41st anniversary in 2002, KSU Stadium completed its first significant renovation. The $3.1 million project ended with the dedication on April 20, 2002, in honor of Betty and Bob Tointon. 

The renovation also lined the stadium with limestone donated by the Bayer Stone Company of St. Marys, Kansas, to match main campus buildings, including Anderson Hall.

In 2003, a lighting system, electronic scoreboard, improved warning track and permanent ticket booth were added. Two years later, new batting cages were installed.

In 2019, K-State introduced its new 36-player locker room. The lockers feature a backlit acrylic player nameplate, toe kick, jersey lighting and a digital lock locking cabinet. The ceiling represents the stitches on a baseball, illuminating the room with purple light.

K-State also has the luxury of one of the nation’s few indoor practice facilities for baseball. The Brandeberry Indoor Practice Facility allows the Wildcats access to two full-length batting cages, portable pitching mounds and enough space to conduct full infield and bullpen workouts.

Midway through the 2024 season, the Wildcats sit at No. 3 in the Big 12. 

The Wildcats welcome 22 new players and retain 17 letter-winners from the team that advanced to the 2023 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship semifinal round. Brady Day, Brendan Jones, Raphael Pelletier and Kaelen Culpepper are among key returners for the season.

Named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team, Culpepper, Boerema, and Tyson Neighbors were also chosen by their teammates to be the team captains for the 2024 campaign.

Baseball America named Culpepper and Neighbors to the first-team Preseason All-American list and added them to the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award Preseason Watch List. 

Neighbors was also chosen as the D1Baseball Preseason Big 12 Pitcher of the Year and included on the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, D1Baseball, and Perfect Game Preseason All-American first team.