The independent student news publication at Kansas State University

Kansas State Collegian

Kansas State Collegian

Kansas State Collegian

Virginia Real Estate License Requirements and Exam Guide

All Virginia real estate salespersons are required to pass the national and state aspects of the Virginia real estate license exam. The computer-based exam features 120 questions with 80 based on the national and 40 in the state portion. Candidates are given 145 minutes to complete the entire exam. To pass the licensing exam, you have to accurately answer at least 56 national and 30 state questions. This post shall discuss all of the relevant tips you need to know how to get a real estate license in VA and how to pass your Virginia real estate license exam.

How to Register for the Virginia Real Estate License Exam

You can register for the Virginia real estate license exam through the exam vendor PSI’s official website. Sign up for an account, and you can submit all required information, make payments, and schedule the date and venue for your exam. Virginia real estate exam takers are required to bring two ID forms on the day of their exam. Examples of topics you can expect the Virginia real estate exam to cover include property rights, zoning laws, property valuation, financing options, mortgage, survey systems, agent roles, contracts, and closing procedures. The exam may also cover areas like Virginia real estate license qualification steps, state laws, and other regulations.

Easy Ways to Get a Virginia Real Estate License

Obtaining a Virginia real estate license may seem overwhelming to beginners, but it’s really easy if you attend the best real estate licensing schools online, such as RealEstateU. Here is a simplified guide on the eligibility criteria, cost, and other tips on how to become a realtor in VA ASAP.

1. Take a Virginia Real Estate Course

Virginia requires potential licensees to take a 60-hour real estate pre-licensing course. You don’t have to worry about this, though, since there are several options on your table, including online courses at RealEstateU, which allows you to get a license 100% online. Hop over to this site for more info on how to get your Virginia real estate license online.

Attend the fastest and most affordable real estate school to become a licensed agent in easy steps. RealEstateU allows you to take your real estate license in Virginia course at your own pace. Online classes empower you to study on a flexible schedule, whether you work full-time, part-time, or are raising a kid.

2. Pass the Course Final Exam

You must pass the course final exam with at least 75% to be eligible for a Virginia real estate license. The proctored final exam costs about $25. It’s worth noting that you must use a laptop or desktop computer to take the proctored exam, not a mobile phone or tablet.

3. Pass the Virginia Real Estate Salesperson Exam

As explained before, the 120-question Virginia real estate license exam comes in two parts: national and state. PSI administers this exam. You must complete both sections in under 150 minutes.

4. Submit Your Fingerprints

Licensees must take their fingerprints at any PSI testing center and submit a complete application to the board within 45 days. Failure to meet this deadline could mean you have to retake your fingerprints for additional fees.

5. Find a Sponsoring Broker

Finally, agents need to find a sponsoring broker to wrap up their license acquisition. A few factors to consider when choosing a sponsoring broker include industry, commission rate, and company culture.

Once you meet all the above requirements, you must complete your application and submit it through snail mail. It should take you about four to six weeks to get your Virginia real estate license after that.