Seven Great Things for Students to Do in Kansas This Summer

Are you a student in Kansas looking for fun and exciting things to do this summer? Look no further! 

Summer break is a time for students to relax, recharge, and have some fun. However, it can be tough to find activities that are both enjoyable and affordable. Fortunately, Kansas is home to a wide variety of attractions and events that are perfect for students of all ages.

Whether you’re interested in exploring the great outdoors, learning something new, or simply having a good time with friends, there’s something on this list for everyone. So grab your sunscreen and get ready for an unforgettable summer in Kansas!

Visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve

Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve offers a range of educational and recreational activities for visitors, including hiking trails, guided tours, and educational programs. These activities provide students with an opportunity to learn about the history, ecology, and cultural significance of the prairie ecosystem.

Visiting the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve can be a great way for students to connect with nature and experience the benefits of being in a natural environment. Research has shown that spending time in nature can have numerous benefits for mental and physical health, including reducing stress levels, improving mood, and boosting cognitive function.

Attend the Kansas State Fair

Held annually in Hutchinson, the Kansas State Fair offers a variety of attractions. First and foremost, the fair offers a unique opportunity to experience the rich culture and traditions of Kansas. From the exhibits showcasing the state’s agricultural heritage to the food stands offering classic fair treats like funnel cakes and corn dogs, there is something for everyone to enjoy.

Beyond the educational benefits, attending the fair can also be a fun and exciting experience for students. The fair offers a wide variety of entertainment options, including live music, carnival rides, and games. Students can spend hours exploring the different exhibits and attractions, trying new foods, and enjoying the festive atmosphere.

If you’re looking for other types of music entertainment, you can find out where to buy concert tickets for a variety of shows in the area. You may find your favorite rock or pop band playing in Kansas. 

Explore the Cosmosphere

The Cosmosphere features a wide range of exhibits, including actual spacecraft and artifacts from various NASA missions, as well as interactive displays and simulations that allow visitors to experience what it’s like to be an astronaut.

In addition to the exhibits, the Cosmosphere also offers educational programs and workshops for students of all ages. These programs cover a wide range of topics related to space exploration and science and are designed to be engaging and interactive, making learning fun and exciting.

Visiting the Cosmosphere is also a great way for students to connect with others who share their interests in space and science. The museum attracts visitors from all over the world, creating a diverse and vibrant community of people who are passionate about space exploration and discovery.

Visit the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

The Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum is a great opportunity to learn about the life and legacy of one of America’s most influential presidents, Dwight D. Eisenhower. The museum features interactive exhibits that showcase his military career, presidency, and personal life, providing a comprehensive look at his contributions to American history.

The museum offers an educational experience that can enhance students’ understanding of history and politics. The exhibits cover significant events and issues during Eisenhower’s presidency, such as the Cold War, civil rights, and the space race.

Go to a Kansas City Royals Game

Students can catch a Major League Baseball game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. It’s a great way to experience the culture and excitement of the local area. 

Going to a game provides an opportunity to meet new people, enjoy breathtaking scenery during twilight hours, take in some history and tradition, and witness firsthand the legendary over-the-top passion for baseball unique to K.C.

Cool Off at Hiawatha Aquatic Park

Hiawatha Aquatic Park offers a variety of fun activities that are perfect for beating the heat. The park features a large swimming pool with multiple slides and diving boards, providing endless hours of entertainment for both children and adults. Additionally, there is a lazy river where visitors can relax and float along the inner tubes.

Tour the Flint Hills

Students can take a scenic drive through the Flint Hills region, which features rolling hills and prairies, historic towns, and natural landmarks.

Flint Hills provide picturesque landscapes that are great for hiking, fishing, camping, and other outdoor activities. It’s also home to many historic sites, such as Fort Scott National Historic Site and Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, providing educational opportunities to learn more about the area’s history.

Final Thoughts 

Kansas offers a variety of exciting activities for students to enjoy during the summer months. From exploring the great outdoors to visiting unique museums and attractions, there is something for everyone to experience. So make the most of your summer break and create unforgettable memories by checking out these seven great things to do in Kansas!